Burn care across states: Woman treated in Idaho and Colorado after severe burn injury

Meshea Danner was on fire. Unable to unbuckle her seatbelt, she was trapped in her burning UTV. “I was panicking because I looked … and my shoulder was on fire. I could see the flames on me. I started panic-clawing at my seatbelt,” Meshea said. Meshea and her husband, Ely, were hundreds of miles away […]
Read More
Grayson Cadle Hands Close Up

Grayson Cadle survived an explosion. Now he wants to help others.

All Grayson Cadle did was flip a light switch. On July 9, 2018, a leaking tank of butane in a neighboring apartment had filled the Cadle’s unit with volatile fumes. Focused on relaxing after work, the 22-year-old from Belize City, Belize, didn’t notice the smell and went to turn on a light—that spark of electricity […]
Read More

Patient celebrates “Hand-iversary” by giving back

James Mercado III was eight years old when an accident with an exercise bike severed four fingers from his hand. During his month-long stay at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, Georgia, surgeons were able to reattach two of the severed digits. While he was there, James watched as other […]
Read More