Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America provides inpatient and outpatient care for adult and pediatric patients. Our clinical services include Acute Burn Care, Hand & Extremity Injuries, Reconstructive Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Laser Scar Revision, Breast Reconstruction, Skin & Soft Tissue Disorders and HBO Therapy. Our flagship in Augusta, GA, is the nation’s largest burn unit, and we currently manage twenty percent of the burn beds in the country. Our clinical team is located across 10 hub hospitals in nine states, providing care at more than thirty clinical locations. We are actively seeking clinical and administrative professionals who are looking to join a dynamic and growing national physicians group. Opportunities exist throughout our system, with the possibility of relocation for qualified candidates.
For questions, please call (855) 863-9595 and ask to speak with our Director of Human Resources or email email@example.com.
- Burn Surgeons
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Wound Physician
- Practice Manager
- Billing Specialist
- Deposit Specialist
- Medical Coder
- Patient Service Representative
Current specific positions are:
BURN SURGEON (All Locations)
BRCA Surgeons treat patients of all ages for a wide range of injuries, including thermal, chemical and electrical burns, skin and soft tissue disorders, extremity injuries and complex wounds. Duties will include inpatient and outpatient care, surgical intervention, assistance with research efforts and development/education activities of the burn centers. In addition to our burn mission, our surgeons also have opportunities to experience hand surgery, microvascular reconstruction, plastic surgery, advanced wound care and other treatment modalities. BRCA is a leader in compensation, benefits and professional coverage packages. Interested applicants should forward C.V.’s and references to BRCA Chief Medical Officer Shawn Fagan, MD FACS at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, or Trauma/Critical Care
- Previous experience in one or more of the following: Burn care, wound care, reconstructive surgery, pediatric care, Hyperbaric Oxygen treatment, care of traumatic hand and extremity injuries
- Critical care certification or experience
- Willingness to participate in clinical research
Note: Chosen candidates must either have a current medical license or be eligible for application in the state where they will practice. Foreign med school graduates must also have certification by ECFMG.
WOUND PHYSICIAN (Tampa, Florida)
BRCA is seeking an experienced wound care physician to practice in a high-volume burn and wound center in the surrounding Tampa, FL, area. The physician will practice in an outpatient settings, and perform various methods of care and intervention for this complex patient population. BRCA is a leader in compensation, benefits and professional coverage packages. Interested applicants should forward C.V.’s and references to BRCA Chief Medical Officer Shawn Fagan, MD FACS at email@example.com
- Board certified or Board Eligible in field of training
- Currently holds or be eligible to apply for medical licensure in Florida, and any future states which BRCA may request
- Experience with wound care
- Certification in hyperbaric medicine and/or wound care
AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST (Miami, Florida)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Obtain insurance authorizations for surgeries.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology, CPT/ICD-10 coding
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills
- 1-3 years experience obtaining surgical authorizations
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
BURN FELLOWSHIP (Augusta, Georgia)
BRCA is seeking medical professionals interested in completing a one-year burn fellowship at our Augusta, GA-location – an ABA-verified burn center. Participants will get hands-on experience in a high-volume burn center and exposure to various methods of care and surgical intervention for patients of all ages. Upon completion of the BRCA Fellowship, the surgeon should be experienced in: burn resuscitation, use of skin substitutes to manage injuries, various reconstruction techniques (including flaps and laser scar management), critical care, and wound management.
Candidates must be board certified or board eligible in general or plastic surgery and express an interest in burn care, trauma care and/or plastic surgery. Candidates must also:
- Provide a current CV
- Provide two letters of support/referral
- Currently hold or be eligible to apply for a Georgia medical license
- Have completed USMLE steps 1, 2 and 3
- Foreign med school graduates must also have certification by ECFMG
Interested applicants should forward C.V.’s and references to BRCA Chief Medical Officer Shawn Fagan, MD FACS at firstname.lastname@example.org
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (Plano, Texas)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform all tasks as outlined and described in the governing state’s bylaws for the certification held by the mid-level practitioner.
- Perform any task if directly supervised by the supervising or alternate physician
- Assist the physicians regularly seeing patients in the clinical, surgical, ER, ICU, hospital floor, and office settings as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time (Please provide references with CV)
MARKETING/OUTREACH EDUCATOR (Englewood, Colorado)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish and maintain educational resources to hospitals, urgent care clinics, EMS, flight services and other healthcare professionals.
- Must have 2 years of post-secondary education, active US driver license, suitable transportation for frequent travel and maintain comprehensive motor vehicle insurance coverage.