Burn care across states: Woman treated in Idaho and Colorado after severe burn injury

Meshea Danner was on fire. Unable to unbuckle her seatbelt, she was trapped in her burning UTV. “I was panicking because I looked … and my shoulder was on fire. I could see the flames on me. I started panic-clawing at my seatbelt,” Meshea said. Meshea and her husband, Ely, were hundreds of miles away […]
Read More
Laptop

BRCA Online Education

Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America is making burn, hand, and wound care education available online, complete with continuing education credits for medical professionals.
Read More
Photo of several ambulances ready to go

EMS Week at BRCA

As paramedics toil in the battle again Covid-19, Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America wants to use National EMS Week to celebrate the efforts of these medical professionals.
Read More
Josh Williams Firefighter and Burn Survivor

One man’s unwavering passion in the wake of trauma

When hot smoke spreads across a room’s ceiling during a fire, the gasses emitted can combine with the rising temperature until every exposed item reaches the point of combustion almost simultaneously. This phenomenon is called a flashover, and on Labor Day 2018, Lt. Josh Williams found himself in the middle of one, leaving him alone, without […]
Read More

2019 Year in Review

Burn Symposium (February) BRCA Foundation achieved record numbers at the 2019 Joseph M. Still Burn Symposium and ABLS Course. Hosted at the Château Élan Winery and Resort in Braselton, Georgia, the symposium had over 170 clinical attendees and raised an incredible $121,355.00.  All proceeds help make this event possible and allows for the foundation to […]
Read More
Grayson Cadle Hands Close Up

Grayson Cadle survived an explosion. Now he wants to help others.

All Grayson Cadle did was flip a light switch. On July 9, 2018, a leaking tank of butane in a neighboring apartment had filled the Cadle’s unit with volatile fumes. Focused on relaxing after work, the 22-year-old from Belize City, Belize, didn’t notice the smell and went to turn on a light—that spark of electricity […]
Read More

Patient celebrates “Hand-iversary” by giving back

James Mercado III was eight years old when an accident with an exercise bike severed four fingers from his hand. During his month-long stay at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, Georgia, surgeons were able to reattach two of the severed digits. While he was there, James watched as other […]
Read More