Fred-Phillips1-1280+720

After propane explosion, man thanks Colorado doctors for his recovery

October 8, 2020

Fred Phillips suffered third-degree burns on 50% of his body and the loss of his partner of 25 years, Electra Churchill, when an unknown propane leak ignited. On Oct. 11, 2019, the pair were turning on the projector in their Colorado guest house when the room exploded. Phillips made it out, but Electra did not. With the help of Drs. Benson Pulikkottil and Lily Daniali at Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America at Swedish Medical Center, Phillips was able to make a miraculous recovery. Today, Phillips is an advocate for burn survivors and is back to piloting airplanes. Pictured are Phillips and Churchill.

Read more about his story of survival and rehabilitation here.

Photo credit: Fred Phillips

Share this post: